South Thames Gateway (STG) Building Control Partnership is a joint venture between three Thames Gateway Local Councils, namely Gravesham, Medway and Swale. It is a cohesive partnership offering expertise, flexibility and professionalism in the enabling of Building Legislation. They aim to provide one-stop progressive Building Control services through partnerships on behalf of stakeholders and the community.
South Thames Gateway sought to replace their existing Building Control system with a modern, integrated and flexible solution that would administrate and manage the Gateway’s Building Control and Consultancy functions;
- A platform which would support the shared working partnership between Medway, Swale and Gravesham Local Authorities and meet the above objective.
- The platform needed to have capability to incorporate additional Local Authorities in the future if necessary.
- With the largest Building Control database in Kent, the Gateway’s existing software used dated technology which was restricted to office-only access.
To ensure the provision of their strong ethos of Customer Service excellence and the need to attain their business growth objectives, the Gateway were clear upon the improvements which they required;
- Web-Based Software – to access the system from any location, on a range of mobile devices – facilitating Mobile and Home Working as required
- Greater Flexible Working practices
- Open-Source Technology – to remove the requirement for mobile working extensions and third party licences
- Hosted Solution – to reduce the support burden upon IT Officers
- Diary Function – for better departmental and individual visibility and scheduling of workload
- Better Accountability – the capability to calculate the time and cost expended per application
- Integration with GIS – embedded within system rather than searching within 3rd Party GIS System
- Ability to cater for a large Data Migration – over 370k Applications and 500K Inspections
- Improved Document Management
After a rigorous tender process, Tascomi were chosen to supply South Thames Gateway with their comprehensive, web-based, Building Control Management system. The successful deployment of Tascomi Building Control in South Thames Gateway was a joint effort of excellent partnership and collaboration between the Gateway and Tascomi, ensuring that the delivery of the system was seamless, with frequent consultation and communication between all involved.