Tascomi is seeking to recruit a talented and highly motivated Graduate QA Engineer to join our growing QA team.
We deliver bespoke web applications, based around the customer’s specific needs. In the past few years, Tascomi have grown significantly and plan to maintain this growth in NI, ROI and GB and beyond.
We have built a team who are passionate about technology and love what they do, and we are keen to expand it further. The successful candidate will play a significant role in every phase of the product development cycle and will be expected to work on their own initiative and bring fresh ideas to our collaborative team.
- Author and execute both manual and automated tests for product features.
- Identify and report defects and discrepancies that are clear, concise and in a timely manner to the development team via JIRA.
- Design and develop scripts to automate regression tests.
- Collaborate with numerous developers, product managers, delivery team & customer support analysts to deliver quality software and maintain our customer focused reputation.
- Escalate project issues to appropriate team members.
- Accurately estimate task durations and meet schedules.
- Educated to degree level.
- Excellent understanding of QA and agile development processes.
- Knowledge of defect management and testing lifecycle.
- Self-starter, organised and determined, with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently as a part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of managing your own workload.
- Strategic thinker.
- 1-2 years experience working as part of a QA team in a technology led company.
- Knowledge of defect tracking systems and processes. i.e. JIRA & Zendesk.
- Experience in both Selenium WebDriver and Java.
- Version control (Git/SVN).
- A background of computing, computer science or transferable skills would be ideal.
- Agile, ISEB or ISTQB Software Test certification would be at an advantage but not essential.
- Experience developing testing artefacts, such as test plans, test cases and mind maps.
- Experience of working in an agile environment.
- Experience of working with a variety of business personnel, developers and management.
Location: Hillsborough, County Down, Northern Ireland.
About Idox plc
Idox is the leading applications provider to UK local government for core functions relating to land, people and property, such as its market leading planning systems and election management software. Over 90% of UK local authorities are now customers. Idox provides public sector organisations with tools to manage information and knowledge, documents, content, business processes and workflow as well as connecting directly with the citizen via the web, and providing elections management solutions. It also supplies in the UK and internationally, decision support content such as grants and planning policy information and corporates compliance services. Idox delivers engineering document control, project collaboration and facility management applications to many leading companies in industries such as oil & gas, architecture and construction, mining, utilities, pharmaceuticals and transportation in North America and around the world. The Group employs c.650 staff located in the UK and worldwide, including Asia, Europe and North America. Idox has offices and teams throughout the UK and therefore travel will be required.
This post commands a competitive salary depending upon experience, along with an excellent benefits package.
How to apply
Applicants should submit a CV, and a short cover letter (maximum 500 words – including salary expectation, and current remuneration) explaining why they feel they would be suited to this role.
Please note successful applicants will need to satisfy the BPSS guidelines (Baseline Personnel Security Standards) which consist of the receipt of satisfactory references covering the last 3 years of employment; an identity check; verification of eligibility to work in the UK; and a Basic Disclosure Check. This is in order to help us make safer recruitment decisions and prevent unsuitable people from working with access to personal and sensitive data.
As part of the recruitment process we will collect data about you in a variety of ways including the information you would normally include in a CV or a job application cover letter, or notes made by our recruiting officers during a recruitment interview.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.