Over the last number of years Tascomi have been getting increasingly more involved in activities with The Prince’s Trust Northern Ireland. This is the first year we have taken part in the Achieve Programme.
The Achieve Programme is aimed at young people aged 13-19 years old. The main focus of the programme is to provide a practical approach to learning, supporting young people to fulfil their full potential.
The programme allows for Young People to try new activities to boost their confidence and gain a recognised Prince’s Trust Qualification.
The Achieve Programme is delivered at schools and clubs which act as centres. The programme progresses through several vital aspects for development including:
- Personal Development: Group work means that you are meeting new people and making new friendships.
- Life Skills: Skills such as managing money, healthy eating and safety are the common vital skills which will be learnt in interactive, fun sessions.
- Active citizenship: Participants will work as part of a team making a difference in the community.
- Enterprise project: This project is designed to test entrepreneurial skills in a Dragon’s Den style challenge.
- Preparation for work: This aspect of the programme focuses on the practical skills focusing on exploring skills and talents. This involved creating CVs and practicing for future interview.
Tascomi take great pride in the number of young people that we offer opportunities to. Prince’s Trust gives us the chance to give even more back to our local community and help young people discover what the best path is for them.
Carly Hegarty, Tascomi Sales Executive, took part in leading the CV Writing Skills Workshop on the 10th of November:
“Working with the Prince’s trust was a new experience for me. Giving back to young people was something I had never done before. When I was asked to help run a CV workshop it seemed like a great opportunity to lend the experience I have gained throughout the years I have been working. It was fantastic to see the pupils of Laurellhill Community College be so eager to listen and contribute – I felt the workshop made a big impact and I look forward to being involved with Laurelhill on future Achieve workshops!”
Tascomi have been locally supporting Laurelhill Community College through the Achieve Programme this year and throughout November and December we have been taking part in Workshops for CV Writing Skills and Interview Skills. With members of our Software Development Team, Sales Team and Quality Assurance Team, we hope to share a broad range of skills and past experience and would like to thank the pupils and staff at Laurelhill Community College for collaborating with us.